[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Having a Facebook page is a great way to promote a blog and grow your website traffic or small business. But there are also some downsides. Harassment and spammers can sometimes cause problems in a Facebook group or community, like a page. Need to get rid of one? Find out how to block someone from your Facebook page in this tutorial.
Keep in mind, you need to actually manage the page that you’re blocking someone from.
To block someone from a Facebook page you manage:
- Go to the page on which you want to block the person.
- Click on the three dots button on the top right of the page.
- Select “Edit Page” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “settings” from the left-hand menu.
- Select “People and Other Pages” from the left-hand menu.
- Type the name or the email address of the person you want to block.
- Click on “Block” next to their name or email address.
Alternatively, you can also block someone from a Facebook page by going to their profile, clicking on the three dots button on the top right of their profile, and selecting “block” from the drop-down menu.
Please note that if you block someone from a Facebook page, they will no longer be able to interact with the page, including liking, commenting, or messaging the page.
Here are a few additional things to keep in mind when blocking someone from a Facebook page:
- If someone is blocked from a page, they will not be able to see or interact with the page’s content, but they will still be able to see your profile and any other pages you manage.
- If you accidentally block someone, you can unblock them by going to the “settings” of the page, selecting “People and Other Pages,” and clicking “Unblock” next to their name.
- Keep in mind that if someone is blocked from a page, it does not prevent them from creating another account and interacting with the page again.
- You can also remove someone as an admin or editor of the page by going to the “settings” of the page, selecting “Page Roles,” and removing the person from the “Admins” or “Editors” section.
- If you find that someone is repeatedly breaking Facebook’s community standards on your page, you can report them to Facebook.
- Remember that blocking someone from a page should be used as a last resort and it’s always better to have a conversation with the person and try to resolve the issue before blocking them.
Read next: How to Stop Receiving Emails from Facebook